El Roble Intermediate
About El Roble Intermediate School
The El Roble team is dedicated to developing the whole child by providing a safe and positive learning environment based on mutual trust and respect. Our engaging academic instruction adapts to an evolving society providing the skills and connections necessary to be confident and successful.
To truly make a connection with every student, so that we can better meet their needs to maximize learning, the El Roble team will:
- Build on and solidify prior knowledge
- Provide well-rounded opportunities for social, physical, mental, and emotional development
- Understand and appreciate the middle school student
- Collaborate as professionals
- Meet high levels of achievement through differentiated instruction
- Develop tolerance and respect for others
- Develop a sense of intrinsic motivation for achievement
- Foster responsibility, work ethic, self-concept, and teamwork
- Facilitate exploration and creativity in academics
- Foster a technologically literate and functional learning community
- Facilitate the development of effective communicators
We firmly believe that all students are able to learn.
El Roble Intermediate School is centrally located at 665 N. Mountain Avenue at the intersection of Harrison and Mountain avenues in Claremont. The instructional day begins at 8:05 a.m. and ends at 2:15 p.m. Our office hours are from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. daily. Parents are invited to arrange appointments or call in student absences by calling (909) 398-0343. An attendance line and homework hotline are available twenty-four hours a day. In addition, parents can sign up (free) for Parent Connect - an online grade, attendance, and assessment program.
El Roble is the sole intermediate school in Claremont and services seven feeder elementary schools. Approximately 1150 students attend El Roble. The following demographics represent our student population: 9.6% Asian, 8% Black, 1.4% Filipino, 27.3% Hispanic, 49.4% White, and 3.3% other.