CUSD Schools Claremont Adult School Code of Conduct for Students Baldy View Regional Occupational Program School Reports School Directory
About Claremont Unified School District Our Schools
Board of Education Board Meeting Information Archive Board Meeting Information Board Structure Board Policies Board Contacts/Biographical Sketch
Business Services Child Development Office of the Superintendent Educational Services Human Resources Service Center Special Education Student Services Technical Support Services Nutritional Services
Parent Resources and Links 2017 CUSD Parent Surveys
Staff Links and Resources Arts Resources
Student Links and Resources
Community Resources Adult Education
CUSD Calendars

HR Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I apply for a job in the Claremont Unified School District?

A: Certificated/Classified—Claremont Unified School District only accepts applications through www.edjoin.org. EDJOIN is California's premiere public education job search Web site maintained by the California Teacher Recruitment and Incentive Program. The web site is user friendly and provides directions on how to register, search for jobs, and apply online. When you register, you pick a personal "user name" and "password" and EDJOIN stores your application for future use.

To be linked to Claremont's positions, click on EDJOIN to view applicant pools and to fill out an application on line.



Q: What are the requirements to be a substitute teacher for Claremont and what is the pay?

A: Basic qualifications are possession of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and passage of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST). For more information on this examination contact CBEST Program, National Evaluation System, Inc., P.O. Box 340880, Sacramento, CA 94834-0880, (916) 928-4001. Claremont Unified School District does not waive the CBEST.

If you meet these two basic requirements, you are eligible to apply to the State for an Emergency 30 Day Substitute Teacher Permit which authorizes the holder to serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any classroom, including preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-12 inclusive. The permit is valid for one year. The holder may serve as a substitute for no more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year, except in a special education classroom, where the holder may serve for no more than 20 days for any one teacher during the school year.

Applications for substitute teachers will be accepted on an as needed basis and will be posted on our EDJOIN Web site.

Day-to-Day substitute teachers are compensated at a rate of $125/day. Whenever a substitute teacher serves more than (20) consecutive days in the same assignment, the daily rate for the twenty-first (21) and succeeding days in that assignment shall change to $175/day.


Q: I've been fingerprinted previously for my former employer, do I need to do it again if I accept a position with Claremont Unified School District?

A: It is against the law for different agencies to share confidential fingerprint results with each other, therefore the applicant being recommended for a position will be required to obtain Livescan (fingerprint) clearance prior to beginning employment. Applicant is ineligible for employment if prior conviction of a violent or serious felony exists.


Q: How much service credit does Claremont Unified School District allow toward initial salary placement for experienced teachers?

A: Credit may be given for the immediate preceding nine years prior to being hired for verified teaching experience requiring a teaching credential.


Q: How do I get to your district office?

A: Our District office, Richard S. Kirkendall Education Center, is located at 170 W San Jose Ave in Claremont. We are located just east of the Kaiser Clinic on the south side of San Jose Ave.

From the 10 Freeway, exit Indian Hill Blvd, go one block north to W San Jose Ave, turn right on W San Jose Ave, turn right into the District parking lot east of the Kaiser Clinic.